Sunday, June 20, 2010

High (On Hellium, Of Course)

Italian food and good bands led to the invention of three new words today: yummalicous, mmmy and om-nomish. My favorite of the three is yummalicious. Mostly cause it's fun to say. But be warned: none of these are going to be taken very seriously if you use them in your English essays. So don't be blaming me for bad grades. Not that you're in school in the summer.... sigh

On a happier note, Italian food is yummalcious, scrumptious, and totally worth the bill. Well, maybe, if it's a once-in-a-while kind of thing. Which it is, for my family anyway. But I really must teach myself how to cook like an Italian. Because Italian food is part of what makes my world go round. And I know that once I'm living in a college dorm, I'm not going to be able to afford even $8 paninis. Which is sad, cause those sandwiches are delectable. Also, a little homemade sushi never hurt anyone. Except maybe when it contained poisonous eels. Or octopus. Or chicken feet. But that's for another post. P.S. I know that sushi is Asian--I promise!

Meanwhile, I've come to be in love with the band Panic! At The Disco. Perhaps you've heard of them? No? Then check them out. Although, I warn you: some of their stuff isn't precisely very appropriate. But if you tune out the lyrics to those songs, they've got some good music underneath! Some of their music is okay, some of it's great, and some of it sounds like they were high (on helium, what else?) when they wrote it. Which, obviously, is the best of all of it(: I'm sure you can find most of their videos ahem--illegally--ahem on YouTube if you want to listen to it. Not a fan of pirated stuff? Vevo and PandoraRadio also provide nice alternatives. Happy music hunting!

Also, how am I doing? 15 posts over 20 days in June... not bad, I think. But what about the post content? What do you like best? What do you want more of? Let me know by leaving a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment