Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lost Elements

There is something about a blank page. Intriguing, welcoming... even comforting, somehow. It seams to symbolize a new beginning--washed clean of all other mistakes. An empty slate, unblemished. It is centering, somehow, to pick up a pen and put it to paper; a brush to canvas; a marker to whiteboard. For me, it's the same way when I type. Or nearly the same way, I should say. But there is one fundamental element that seems to always be lost with the typed word.

So much personality seems to be displayed in handwritten letters. Character. Spirit. Humor. And that is lost when the word is typed. And so we must rely on the way we speak or the way we form our emoticons to portray our personalities. Yet something is still always missing from it. And that makes me sad.

On a happier note, this is my first day after surgery. Maggie visited (another very good friend of mine) and she brought me some balloons to add to the one my brothers, cousins and aunt had gotten for me. I also have a vase of flowers from my family. I'm feeling extra loved. Thanks again for all the thoughts and kindness(:

Update: Thanks also to the guests who stopped in after Maggie and gave me cards and candy(: I appreciate the thoughts, and am feeling just a little better than I thought I would be at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment