Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day Two of Significant Torture


It's my second day after surgery. I'm still alive. I got to see the destruction zone this evening; let me tell you, it wasn't all that pretty. Two incisions nicely closed up with a few stitches, some good sized bruises from God knows what, and a hell of a lot of pain. The funny part about the whole thing is that the bandage was so huge, it covered nearly the whole top part of my thigh. Not all that easy, considering the size of that ham! And this is the kicker: it looked like fondant. You know, that sort of whipped frosting that is a little hard and smooth and delicious? Yeah, that. And the bandage was sort of an off-white color. The perfect frosting color. I'm beginning to think the doctor wanted to dress up his meal. Did I miss the part where they informed me that he was a zombie?

Enough of that(: I also managed to acquire a pair of Dr. Seuss boxer shorts, which totally made my day. Well, actually, night, since I got them later yesterday evening. Also, I now have a total of three bouquets, and quite a lot of chocolate that I don't yet have the stomach for. As well as some very comfy clothing, courtesy of my dear aunt and company.

Happy Memorial Day, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment