Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not So Tomato

Today, I would like to question my ancestry. I believe I may be part tomato.

That would account for the extremely red-toned skin and perhaps the frequent blushing. In the span of one day (yes, just one day, folks) you can turn into a very vivid, monochromatic person on the red scale. This includes various tones of red, pink and white. You guessed it--I'm sunburned. Like none other.

The last time I was this sunburned was when I was eight-ish and was in Florida. White sand beaches may be beautiful, but for those of us who are unused to sun except in short little spouts every year for about three months, white sand beaches=horrible, pealing sunburn. Not to mention that the sand is like a giant reflector-field, let alone the blue-white sky and the shining water. Sitting on one of those beaches is like sitting in a tinfoil cone in an oven. There is no escaping the burn. Except for maybe a gallon of sunscreen, which is frankly very icky.

Enough of that. My dear cousin has gone home, and I am not at all disappointed with the amount of fun I had last week. And believe it or not, I didn't get sunburned until yesterday. Lucky me.

Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy your sunny weather, wherever you may be. And enjoy the rain, too. It's going to storm today perhaps. I'm quite excited. It's been far too long since I danced in some serious puddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment